Where is GAMSAT held in Adelaide? | Adelaide test centre location
The Adelaide Gamsat is usually held in the The Edments Building, 38 Gawler Place, Adelaide, South Australia 5000
However although ACER do tend to re-use the same venues for the test, the actual locations are not confirmed until you receive your official admissions ticket about two weeks before the test.
So to be on the safe side you should probably hold off until you get the official notification of the address before you make hotel reservations or other travel arrangements.
The Edments Building is located on the corner of Gawler Place and Rundle Mall.
If travelling by public transport there is a BTANIC tram stop which stops in front of the Art Gallery of South Australia on North Terrace which is directly in front of the Edments Building on the other side of the road.
By train the closest train station is Adelaide also on North Terrace at number 125 which is about an 8 minute walk from the test centre.
If coming by car the nearest public car park is UPark at 9/17 Gawler Place virtually next door to the test centre. A 5+ hour stay will cost you $32
There are many hotels in the area close to the test centre, two of the nearest are the Ibis Adelaide on 122 Grenfell Street which is a 5 minute walk to the test centre and the Mantra Hindmarsh Square at 55/67 Hindmarsh Square which is an 8 minute walk.
Student Feedback About This Centre
1. What city did you sit Gamsat in and what was the name of the test centre?
Adelaide, Edments Building
2. What time were you told to arrive for registration?
3. What time did the test actually start
4. Was there strict checking of water bottles, pencils etc?
5. Were there any issues in the test centre or any other feedback you'd like to give?
Now they don't give extra 10 minutes reading time and directly start an exam.
I sat in Adelaide - Edments Building
1. What time were you told to arrive for registration?
2pm wasn’t allowed in until this time on the dot for covid reasons.
2. What time did the test actually start
Was a quick process to get seated and get started. I think began around 2:30pm
3. Was there strict checking of water bottles, pencils etc?
Not strict. I actually found it to be much more relaxed than I thought it would be. but we weren't’t allowed to have water bottles on the table.
4. Where there any issues in the test centre or any other feedback you'd like to give?
Went smoothly no issues at all.
For more help with GAMSAT check out Griffiths Gamsat Review Home Study System which takes you step by step through all three sections with advanced strategies for each.
You Might Also Like...
What Books To Read For Gamsat?
How Many People Sit the Gamsat Each Year?
How To Prepare For Gamsat Section 3